EFD - European Voluntary Service (EVS)
The European Voluntary Service (EVS) is a European Union program that enables young people between the ages of 17 and 30 to work in non-profit projects in European countries for 2 to12 months. You can choose the project and the country in which you want to do your European voluntary service. There are projects in social, ecological, cultural and sporting areas.
The EVS is funded by the EU Erasmus + YOUTH IN ACTION program and is free of charge for you.
If you complete an EVS, you will participate in an accompanying program for further training and will receive the Youth Pass which certifies your stay in Germany.
Services oft the EVS:
- 110 € pocket money per month,
- € 223 food allowance,
- free accommodation,
- language course,
- travel expenses allowance for entry according to EU flat rate (possible small own contribution of volunteer),
- 27 days leave (32 days for a 6-day week),
- seminars for further training (eg preparation and follow-up of your stay abroad),
- free food / accommodation and travel allowance during seminars,
- European health insurance including accident and liability insurance,
- at least 25 days of training,
- Youth Pass,
- pedagogical guidance by pedagogical advisors of the Evangelical Volunteer Services and by a mentor in the employment center.
Time: starting dates are in August, September and October.
- age between 18 and 28,
- home country is located in the European Union or neighboring partner countries,
- interest in practical work with people in social, cultural and ecological areas
- willingness to be responsibly engaged for 12 months and to work full-time
- desire of being confronted with new ideas or changes, civil society, cultural and social commitment,
- obligatory participation in one-day and several-day seminars (introduction training and interim evaluation of the National Agency, additional training seminars of the Evangelical Volunteer Services).
The Evangelical Volunteer Services are open to all people. Your participation is regardless of confessional or state affiliation. You do not have to have any professional knowledge or qualifications. Above all your motivation and your interest in working with people is asked for.
Contact with a sending organization in the country of origin is the prerequisite for a successful application.
You can not apply for the European Voluntary Service as a private person. Therefore you need a recognized sending organization in your home country. You should first look for this. A database with addresses of all recognized sending organizations and reception projects can be found on the European Youth Portal at:
Application until February 1 of the year in which an EVS program is to be started
Volunteering opportunities / projects of the Evangelische Freiwilligendienste Diakonie Hessen:
- Baunataler Diakonie Kassel e.V., Standort Hofgeismar:
- Ambulante Dienste Nordhessen e.V.:
- Hephata Diakonie e.V.:
- Piano eV: